Go Pro battery lasts longer than 32 gb card!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you fbk! i will make sure i turn the H3 on before the i get in the water. I also ordered the anti-fog strips and backup blotting paper. And looks like i will be getting the backup H3 - ending up without a camera on Galapagos liveaboard would be unbearable!

I am travelling for a total of 6 weeks, but will post my results when i'm back, in June. (Although it will probably take me a while to do postprocessing, as it will be my very first attempt! :)

Thank you!!

I use Samsumg class 10 cards in SD format not micro and they are reliable the ones I have are also waterproof that helps in case of flooding.
If the card gets damaged then is ruined forever, you may be able to return as they have warranty though

MicroSD format only for the H3. I do remember reading on mine (Sandisk Class 10) that they were waterproof too.

6 weeks?! I hope you are taking a mutil-terrabyte backup drive! I almost filled a 500GB in 7 days. You should finish editing that sometime next year :p

Thanks - good to know about SD cards!

And i am taking a 1TB drive, as i'm only diving for 9 days, the rest is travelling in S.America etc. But given my (non-existent) skills in post processing - editing might still take me into next year! :D

Shooting a gopro without framing and taking whole dives is a bit like windows computers in the 90s anybody could get started very few could finish a decent job

It is great that the gopro get some many people started in underwater video though

It wasnt the windows 90s that was the problem.. It was milennium and to be honest.. youd be lucky if you could even get started with it :p

We all learn from our mistakes and experiences. I would strongly advise you not to film over 1 hour at a time. Cameras do overheat and trust me they do so while mountain biking, while scuba diving and while kayaking so ambient temperature has little to do with it. I suspect it is because inside housing heat really has nowhere to go so it goes into "safety mode" which stops filming and turns off the camera.

One thing that always helps me is that I keep my cameras in camera bucket. By time I get to the dive site housing has been chilled a little. I know it does not do much but is a start. I turn my cameras right after I jump in while rest of divers are getting off the boat. I turn on both gopros, clear the red filter of bubbles. While descending I check all my other equipment and at about 20ft I turn on my bonica camera. I turn off all 3 cameras while doing safety stop. I never really dive for longer than 1 hour so my cameras get well deserved rest for surface interval.

hi guys, This seems like a knowledgeable group to ask this; I am a GoPro newbie and will soon be on Roatan for a week. I cant tell how much memory to buy. I am debating between 2X32 gb and 2X64 gb??? what are your thoughts on how much I would need for a week w/o downloading during the week.

thanks!

hi guys, This seems like a knowledgeable group to ask this; I am a GoPro newbie and will soon be on Roatan for a week. I cant tell how much memory to buy. I am debating between 2X32 gb and 2X64 gb??? what are your thoughts on how much I would need for a week w/o downloading during the week.

thanks!

"Some is good... more is better."

What I do when travelling is that I bring my little tablet computer and minimum one external harddrive that I can empty memory cards onto after each day of diving. Neither 64 nor 128 GB would be enough for me for a week worth of diving and if I should be unfortunate enough to have a catastrophic failure on my (insured) gear while under water, the only thing I'll lose is whatever is currently on the card. I don't want to risk losing a week worth of pictures and video..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom