Go Pro Retractor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jscheier

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing the Go Pro Silver. I wanted a simple retractor like the one below so I can hook it onto my BCD. Will this work?

Thanks

J

XS-Scuba-Flashlight-Camera-Retractor-Big-1.jpg

Not very well if you're diving. Strolling around the yard, or watching television in the den ......OK.

Last edited:
What do you recommend? I want to make sure the GoPro is secured to my BCD, just in case.

Make a lanyard out of cave line or bungee cord and loop it over your wrist. Problem solved. Cost: Maybe 3 cents?

My question is where to attach it to the camera/case. The case does not have a place for it (so I have been told).

Sure it does. The tabs sticking out of the bottom of the case have a hole through them. Thread the line through there.

remember also that gopro videos when handheld are usually quite unstable because they don't weigh anything. You really need them on something a bit more solid in order for them to be useful.

What was said above though, put a piece of cave line thru the mounting holes and call it good

You could also use a tether in this way. Tie or crimp a small loop tightly around the securing thumb screw that comes with your go pro, and then bolt snap the short tether to your D ring.

Frank g
Z GEAR - Z Gear Dive Mounts

I have my gopro mounted on a goodman handle so I use a locking caribiner. It goes through a hole in the goodman handle and clips off to a chest d ring. And the locking nut will keep it from coming unclipped.

I use one of these below, the 24" is long enough to loop through the BDC's "D" ring and still be long enough to extend my arm. It attaches to the camera's bolt, like in the picture below.

51Kjd7e0erL._AA160_.jpg
(link here)

Back
Top Bottom