golf course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone ever played the golf course in Bonaire - looking for down day activity and I didn't even know it was there - stumbled across it on the internet.

We are going in a couple weeks and I may surprise the girls with an afternoon 9 holes on a deco day.

I'm not sure I'd want to play on scrub and sand in the heat. There are lot's of other things to do on bonaire on a deco day. The park, donkey sanctuary, mangroves, caves, to name a few.

I played golf in Amorillo one winter on Christmas break. You had to hit the ball low or the wind would carry it. Nothing funnier than Teeing off and having the ball land behind you.
I have a hard time believing golfing on Bonaire would be much different. Maybe try land sailing, instead.

Erik

I watched their slide show. You might have fun but I don't call that golf.

There is a mini golf course as well. I’d suggest you to find a catamaran trip for the day, Epic is always good for that or Woodwind at Divi.

A buddy of mine lives on Bonaire and we joke about how bad the "golf course" is......It's trash. LOL

Use florescent balls or you will never find yours in rocks, Hit low into wind, high with. Ball takes hell of a bounce. Sometime left, sometimes right, sometimes straight up... depending on what surface you hit, coral, dirt, sand or scrub (sometimes donkey). Would not do it in summer or after 9am because of no shade. Hilarious as long as you know that going in and don't take it seriously. Never use you own clubs.

thanks for all the replies - if we go I will make sure and post pictures - (I just threw 2 sleeves of yellow balls in the suitcase)

We have been to Bonaire several times and have done the donkey farm, mangrove, Lac Bay - (No way I am doing caves -just don't particularly like them)

Went fishing twice and spent a bunch of money and didn't get a bite - (that's why they call it fishing not catching) - I would do this again but the wife and daughter got really bored last times.

It almost reminds me of Aruba from the website - played there 20 years ago and the greens were painted oil soaked sand.

Homerdoc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom