Gonna have to say goodbye to SoCal diving comes early 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skins is all you'll need for the GoM come summertime :)---& be sure & make it out to the Flower Gardens on the Fling(it's out of Freeport. Tx---about an hour or so SW of Houston)......

I may not be diving SoCal but I'm still a SoCal diver. It might be a couple of years before I get back to the Left Coast, but I'll keep on diving. I tried the Flower Garden before but the trip was cancelled due to weather. Hopefully between February 2015 and summer, while I'm in Houston, I can make it to the Flower Garden.

Of course, I will wreak havoc on the unsuspecting East Coast divers with my eye searing wetsuit. :D

In the mean times, I'm gonna squeeze out as many dives as possible between now and end of January 2015.

You ought to come up and visit us in Jersey. But a 3 mm isn't going to cut it. Most divers I know use dry suits, wetsuit guys usually in 7 mm.

fman---weather is the main consideration for diving the FG------July and August are the 2 best months to give it a try--RE the weather.....I have made 5 outta 5 trips during those 2 months in the past......I'd shoot for one of those if you really want 'to get there'.....

You ought to come up and visit us in Jersey. But a 3 mm isn't going to cut it. Most divers I know use dry suits, wetsuit guys usually in 7 mm.

I plan on diving up and down the entire East Coast. And no, I don't have a 3mm wetsuit. My wetsuit and I are good down to 48-F. Lower than that, I might have to rent a dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom