Good board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

enjoy your stay and dive often and deep.

Rich :mean:

Sounds like your life as a diver has been filled with adventure. It will be a delight ot hear your perspective on our issues. I am also a midwestern California transplant.

I sure am Guam_Diver! Down in the big metropolis of Agat :wink: There are actually a couple Guam residents on the board..I'm sure you will meet them along the way. How long have you been on island? Which shop do you normally dive with? If you need a dive buddy, let me know.

I've been here for about 8 months now. I've gone out a few times with MDA.....is that where you work? And I'm doing the deep blue water dive out over the REALLY deep water and the Tokai Maru wreck this Sunday with GTDS. Is that Rick you're with in your pic? I dove with him a few months ago....at cemetary wall...I think his name was Rick. Anyway, I'm sure it was the guy in your pic! Hey, do you know where I can get a Cressi sub Big Eyes mask on the island? I wanna try one on for size!

See ya around.....

Guam_Diver...yep, I work at MDA. I'm upstairs in the wholesale department. Actually, I've been trying to get in touch with Cressi-Sub about becoming a dealer (there isn't one on Guam) but so far no response. As soon as I hear something, I'll let you know.

The guy in the picture is Mark, but if you went on one of the MDA beach dives on the weekend, that was him! He loves that site. Gab Gab gets pretty old fast, as I'm sure you know :wink: Hey, have you ever dived Piti Channel at night? That is probably the best night dive on the island (from the shore at least). Its a little nursery, and you see baby everything! If you're into photography, its one of the best places. In the daytime..there's nothing but sand and sea cucumbers though.

Neve, when you get your plans finalized, let us know! You will love Guam!

Actually Neve, diving is pretty good all year round, but May thru Aug. are when the sea on the western side (where most of the dive sites are) are the flatest. During these months, the boat can make it up to the northern site, and down south to the eastern site pretty regularly. The rest of the year, the swells are just too big.

There is one reef 11 miles off shore (called...11 mile reef :wink: ), and the boats only attempt this trip in the summer. So far this year, our shop has done 3 dives there and the conditions have been great!

But, even if you come in the middle of winter, the diving will still be wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom