Good Bye Matt (SFL Diver)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to fly to Jackson , MS this afternoon , or I would be there...!
My prayers to you Mardie and all !

Yes , Celebrate Life !

Jean

I'll be heading down after noon with Lil' B tied to the hood. What? can't do that?
A carseat? That seems so,... normal.
ILLEGAL?! Oh ok,...
Sheesh, they let you tie a deer to the hood and drive around, why not our screamin' yung'uns.
RIGHT, SCUBAFOOL?! Will see everyone between 6-7 if all goes well.

Thank you all... I love and miss you and hope to see you soon. BIG CHANGE...SORRY...
Parking is going to be in garage 1 not garage 2, you still won't be ticketed in garage 2 but it will be a long walk.
LOVE ya all
Mardie

First post has been updated. See ya'll tonight!

My condolences to Matt's family. I didnt know Matt personally but always enjoyed his posts. I am still in shock. It hits home when someone dies that you know.

The correct parking garage is #2.
Sorry for the confusion. I will update the first thread now.

We drove over... we found ourselves in the company of many folks who knew and loved Matt... and we were among the last to leave (and arrive).

It was a beautifully done memorial with memoribilia and photos from a wide range of CrAzY things he's done in years gone by.

I'm sorry I could not be with you all in person as I had to be at the closing for my new house but I was there in my heart. I"m sure it was a perfect tribute for a fabulous person.

Mardi - if there is anything.....

Yes, it was a fitting tribute to Matt.

After viewing the various displays, the slide show, and hearing the many wonderful tales people told of their various experiences with Matt, it makes me regret even more that I did not get to know him better. He had at one point invited me to come down and go kayubing with him, and that was definitely high on my diving to-do list.

Matt would have, I believe, enjoyed the evening, and that is probably the most fitting tribute we could have payed him.

Yes, I agree, it was a fitting tribute surrounded by friends and family. I was touched by the stories, the diversity of people, and the camaraderie of those that knew and loved Matt were there to say good bye.
The table with his memorabilia was beautiful... green cowboy boots, that ugly tiger striped faded diveskin, cowboy hat, Loonie, didgeridoo, photos.
Beautiful.
He will be missed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom