Good dive shops in Ft. Lauderdale and/or Miami?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol, there are about 4,000 restaurants in Fort Lauderdale...what type of cuisine do you enjoy, what price range, what atmosphere, where are you staying and how far would you like to travel?

I'd like to plug the shop that was my go-to LDS for about 30 years (until I moved out of the states in June). UnderSeas Sports in Fort Lauderdale, 954-564-8661 (I didn't have to look that number up, I've called it so many times, lol!) Frequently has better prices than Divers Direct, and personalized service to help you select what is best for your needs. My other favorite is Gold Coast Scuba as Bill mentioned above.

Why not go for a dive while you're in town? I dove with Capt. Bill Cole of Sea Experience for nearly 30 years and every person I've ever sent his way has come back to thank me. They have two boats, one is a dedicated snorkeling/glass bottom boat, the other is mainly for SCUBA but they will take snorkelers on that one as well.

Another reason to shop at Divers Direct: it's in the same campus as the Fishing Hall of Fame. A great place to spend a few hours! Fishing simulators (you can go home and brag about that 120 lb marlin you caught) and live alligators.

A really good close-by restaurant is Las Vegas Cuban. Just off I-95 at Stirling Rd. (one exit south of Griffin where DD is) Don't be fooled by the name or the exterior. If you're looking for good Cuban, huge portions at reasonable prices close to FLL and the cruise port, it can't be beat.

Thanks all for the advice! Thought the FL shops might have a better selection for dive skins, etc. and since we have some time to kill, we could try on the stuff in the store. We'll be leaving from Ft. Lauderdale so also would appreciate your recommendations for good local restaurant...

Thanks again!

My preference goes to shorts and flip flop restaurants that serve OK seafood, here's a few on the water

Wix.com jimbos created by ew_3030 based on Reg top menu 3

The LeTub.com
-ruined when voted by GQ as best hamburger, Oprah went there. 45 minute wait for a burger, surly service, gumbos is hot spicy and really good.
http://www.theletub.com/news.asp

www.caponesflickerlite.com
go for the fried grouper sandwich, not grilled or blackend

SouthPortRawBar.com - waterfront raw bar restaurant located in Fort Lauderdale
-canal for boat access, but it's still water

You can also make a pretty good meal at the Marlin bar happy hour menu-same area as divers direct

1/2 lb shrimp $6
5 Jumbo fried shrimp $6
Tuna Roll $6
Wahoo fish dip w/ crackers a meal in itself $6
Sampler a bunch of fried seafood $9
Oysters $?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom