Good intro dive to Pt. Lobos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KelpCoasters

Reaction score
Hey all,
My fiancée and I will be doing a day of diving for our honeymoon at Pt. Lobos, our first time there.
Any suggestions for a good introductory beach dive? No inflatable, no DPVs.
We'd like to get to good vis without a 300 yard surface swim.
I've checked out their website but was hoping a few of you with good firsthand experience would be able to give a few pointers, recommended routes, etc?
Thanks in advance and cheers!
OJ

Thanks, Gombessa

It is worth the 300 yard surface swim :) Good gas planning can get you close to the ramp, underwater, when coming back in.

So im just going to throw this out there. I don't know if you have looked into a tour yet but perhaps for a special occasion such as your honeymoon it may be worth while. Even if you only dive with the dm/instructor/meh for 1-2 dives and continue to dive after, you at least will have an idea of the site.

As far as I know (from word of mouth and personal experience) Bruce from Aquarius here in Monterey knows Pt. Lobos like the back of his hand. I have done some fun diving there with him and not only did I have some of my best ever dives, but we ended up at the ramp every time.

So im just going to throw this out there. I don't know if you have looked into a tour yet but perhaps for a special occasion such as your honeymoon it may be worth while. Even if you only dive with the dm/instructor/meh for 1-2 dives and continue to dive after, you at least will have an idea of the site.

As far as I know (from word of mouth and personal experience) Bruce from Aquarius here in Monterey knows Pt. Lobos like the back of his hand. I have done some fun diving there with him and not only did I have some of my best ever dives, but we ended up at the ramp every time.

That's a great idea, Brandon, thanks. I'll look into that.

& just to clarify, entrance into the water at Lobos is a walk across a parking area & down the(slightly slippery) boat ramp. So you aren't exhausted getting to the water. That by itself is worth an extra 100yds of surface swim. :D

& just to clarify, entrance into the water at Lobos is a walk across a parking area & down the(slightly slippery) boat ramp. So you aren't exhausted getting to the water. That by itself is worth an extra 100yds of surface swim. :D

Great point, thanks.

Fortunately the ramp is no longer slippery as its recently been cleaned! :) Thx to the people that put in the time to do this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom