Good Saturday in PCB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
A typical dive off Panama City Beach usually yields flounder and shovelnoses for everyone with eyes open. Grouper, snapper, cobia and others require aim and a bit of luck.
My husband and I this past Saturday were more than lucky running into this 6.5 lbs spiny in only 100'. They tend to be deeper in the 150' range.

Dinner_Aug_05.jpg

Nice bug! I recently caught one like that under a bridge span in 75 feet. Don't see spiney's that often out of PC, but when we do, they're nice, BIG bugs :D

Those shovelnose look like shrimp next to it :wink:

Thats a beast! Great job!

Ana:
A typical dive off Panama City Beach usually yields flounder and shovelnoses for everyone with eyes open. Grouper, snapper, cobia and others require aim and a bit of luck.
My husband and I this past Saturday were more than lucky running into this 6.5 lbs spiny in only 100'. They tend to be deeper in the 150' range.

Dinner_Aug_05.jpg

My first dive after OW was to 130' off of PC way back in 1989. I felt really good about myself after getting back on the boat even though I never saw the "ledge". Then, some smarty pants climbs up the ladder with one of those monsters. Took all of the wind out of my sails!

Great job. I'll dive with your husband anytime!

paulwall:
Great job. I'll dive with your husband anytime!

I know what you mean, I dive with him anytime also.

So I see you're still using that stuffed rubber lobster from Toys R Us! That trick never grows old!!

MB:
So I see you're still using that stuffed rubber lobster from Toys R Us! That trick never grows old!!

we have more of those around here you know, come up to the northern gulf before the waters freeze over. All those colorful reefs you dive down there spoil you.

I am planning on coming down to PCB in early October and be staying in my RV at the CSS base. Who would I contact to arrange for a fishing trip around there? When I have been there before, I mostly just dove at St Andrews, and they kinda frown on it there.

Ana:
we have more of those around here you know, come up to the northern gulf before the waters freeze over. All those colorful reefs you dive down there spoil you.

Back
Top Bottom