Good Saturday in PCB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wb416:
I still recall how good the catch tasted that you and Matt caught in nov 2002. Got to make a point of making it back down that way sometime!!

bob

You should do it while the waters are decent. These days the viz has been surprinsingly good for the summer. There is a layer of milky fresh water for the top 15-20' but then it opens up nicely all the way to the bottom.
Of course the viz is always nicer when things freeze over but the waters tend to be very rough as you saw that november.

chuck41:
I am planning on coming down to PCB in early October and be staying in my RV at the CSS base. Who would I contact to arrange for a fishing trip around there? When I have been there before, I mostly just dove at St Andrews, and they kinda frown on it there.

There are tons of fishing boats in the area, but for me that is hoping for something holding a stick and a string. CSS rents boats but they have restrictions on how far out you can go, not an option to go diving.
If your definition of fishing is looking at the animal, deciding you want that one and catching it (or at least try to catch it) then you need a dive boat that won't get all worked up at the sight of a speargun. There are a few, I use one of the boats from Dive Locker, you'll see the shop before turning in the entrance to the base.

Ana:
You should do it while the waters are decent. These days the viz has been surprinsingly good for the summer. There is a layer of milky fresh water for the top 15-20' but then it opens up nicely all the way to the bottom.
Of course the viz is always nicer when things freeze over but the waters tend to be very rough as you saw that november.

As long as you promise that they'll be no more anti-freeze fumes:D ... don't think my stomach can take another round of purging like that or doing anymore of those push-ups to heave over the side with doubles on .... lol... but I guess I wasn't as bad off as the "Sherlock Holmes" chap though :) ....

Are you still doing classes or are they done?

bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom