Gooseberry Arches Newport, RI Back to Diving Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tampico_ED

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

After almost two years of no diving. We finally boarded the SharkBait and performed an easy dive on Newport, RI. The conditions could not be better to search for the allusive Gooseberry Arches, after 30mins of diving around the adjacent islands finally found. El Capitano Earl and Chris departed their own way and I lost track of their whereabouts for the entire dive.

The sea life was fantastic...I can tell of years before - there is an improvement. Towards the end of the dive the seas picked up a little bit and stirred all the nice visibility, but never-the-less the views were awesome (around 20feet vis). I highly recommend this site for an easy fun dive...with plenty of rocks and depths ranging from 20-40ft (and of couse 4ft if you endup standing on the rock trying to find your way).

Here is the evidence of the great day (6/10/12). Thanks to my good dive buddies hopefully they will not be camera shy on the next dives.

http://amazing-ocean.com/videos/Master Gooseberry Arches.mp4

Last edited:
Have not been there in many years.Used to go there on my 14' Zodiac.. Great video. Was it done with a go pro camera? There is a 20=25' swim thru ocean side before the main arch. Many more Togs there than I remember.

Have not been there in many years.Used to go there on my 14' Zodiac.. Great video. Was it done with a go pro camera? There is a 20=25' swim thru ocean side before the main arch. Many more Togs there than I remember.

Thanks for your positive feedback -we also go on a Zodiac. I have an old Sony V1U camere is not the best ever and also that I'm not an expert but the video is nice.

you can access some of my old videos and the new one by copy/past (ing) this link. As supposed to streaming...

Index of /videos

Once of the best Newport u/w videos I have seen (didn't come close to getting seasick watching it...). You certainly hit the jackpot for RI dive conditions, tons of great marine life.

Back
Top Bottom