GoPro BCD Mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Frank - thanks for taking the time to reply. The B3 looks a good option for me - I've already got that many GoPro mounting options that to spend money on more elbows/loc-line etc would be a waste so I was looking at making my own solution with just a strap and a GoPro mounting plate, which I think is pretty well what the B3 is; and if so then I'd be inclined to go for the B3 option as I'd probably end up spending about the same amount of money trying to make my own. So, a couple of questions: what's the mount on the B3 - is it the standard GoPro lugs the a bolt goes through to connect the camera/extension arm, or is it the GoPro mount that accepts the GoPro quick release buckle? Second question - do you have a B3 retailer in the UK? If I ordered from the US the import duties and associated fixed fees are going to make this disproportionately expensive.

Thanks again,

Neil

Hi Frank - thanks for taking the time to reply. The B3 looks a good option for me - I've already got that many GoPro mounting options that to spend money on more elbows/loc-line etc would be a waste so I was looking at making my own solution with just a strap and a GoPro mounting plate, which I think is pretty well what the B3 is; and if so then I'd be inclined to go for the B3 option as I'd probably end up spending about the same amount of money trying to make my own. So, a couple of questions: what's the mount on the B3 - is it the standard GoPro lugs the a bolt goes through to connect the camera/extension arm, or is it the GoPro mount that accepts the GoPro quick release buckle? Second question - do you have a B3 retailer in the UK? If I ordered from the US the import duties and associated fixed fees are going to make this disproportionately expensive.

Thanks again,

Neil

Hi Neil, the B3 does have the standard Go Pro lug on it. The Lug is secured on to plate but does allow for rotation of the mount for leveling.The mount does have a plate and an adjustable velcro strap which you cinch down on to any other strap like on a BC, back pack, tank strap etc...

Unfortunately the duties and shipping will prove to be to costly. The dealer in UK is Hobby Mounts we should be sending them some of the B3 mounts soon.

Thanks for your interest.
Frank G
Z GEAR - Z Gear

I've used the wrist mount to strap to my bc shoulder strap. It work "ok" not great but would be fine for passive shot.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom