GoPro Scuba Tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do you say it does bad? My video (shot in R-5) seems ok and shows no vignetting on my video???

R5 in the HD1 is 127 FOV and its the only mode that doesn't vignette with the drop in type lenses using the HD1 camera, this is the same with the HD2 as only 1080P medium 127 and narrow 90 along with medium photo mode will be fine with drop in lenses.

All other modes will show vignetting, so you dont get to use the full 170fov fisheye lens underwater with those types of fixes. If you only shoot in r5 mode with a HD1 then you will be fine with that lens.

R5 in the HD1 is 127 FOV and its the only mode that doesn't vignette with the drop in type lenses using the HD1 camera, this is the same with the HD2 as only 1080P medium 127 and narrow 90 along with medium photo mode will be fine with drop in lenses.

All other modes will show vignetting, so you dont get to use the full 170fov fisheye lens underwater with those types of fixes. If you only shoot in r5 mode with a HD1 then you will be fine with that lens.

Thanks, the R-5 setting is already so wide that I don't see much need for me to use a wider angle setting.. Everything will look too far away if I go wider...

I think that shooting distant objects the narrower modes are best as they do appear too far otherwise or the fish look real small unless you dive with really big fish lol.

But for getting better colours and clearer shots with less water between you and the subject the wide angle lets you get more into the frame if your only a few feet away. Ive heard a general rule for underwater video and photos is to get real close and then get closer for best results. This is where the wide angle works best and why i prefer to have the different fov angles available if i want to shoot in more ways.

Not saying my way is best but having more options lets me try more things, I like to try many ways of doing things to find what works best depending on what im trying to film. Im only fairly new to this still and learning more each day

Im going spearfishing and diving down in the Abacos soon. I was looking for a good tray for the gopro but couldn't find any. I decided to make one myself. Let me know what you think.

Looks good. Do I correctly assume you used the base from the packaging to attach to the plate? I just got the camera (and the MAKO flat lens). I am debating the head strap or putting together something like this.

Have to come up with something soon, just over a week until Aruba!

Hey Mud&Rox, I like your night rig there! I am a beginner diver, and I also have a GoPro. I'm thinking of doing something similar to what you've done to catalog my adventures.

Have you had good luck with the light set up that way? On the few dives I've done with my GoPro, my small light seems to just wash out all color.

-w

Hey Mud&Rox, I like your night rig there! I am a beginner diver, and I also have a GoPro. I'm thinking of doing something similar to what you've done to catalog my adventures.

Have you had good luck with the light set up that way? On the few dives I've done with my GoPro, my small light seems to just wash out all color.

-w

yea works pretty well I just snapped a light on the rig to take the pic...I have a circle cut out of an old slate that I use as a diffuser eventually I will find a dedicated light for the gopro here is a vid with the night rig.....
night @ salt pier.wmv - YouTube

@ Parzdiver: You would be better off holding it in your hand than using the head mount. They just aren't very secure when moving against the water and every time you exhale your exhaust will come into the frame for a second or two.

Back
Top Bottom