GPLog - I am a believer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
During the past couple of years as I've been working on my cave diving videos I've struggled with green videos, despite setting my WB to the color temperature of my lights and setting the color profile to flat. Yes there is a very minor green tint to the water, but the GoPro was massively amplifying greatly.

With the GP12 and the ease at which you can access the LOG mode, I decided to give it a try. The first time out I was disappointed it was washed out and frankly unimpressive. But this week I decided to see it head to head with the normal flat colors and the difference is night and day. This is edited, but the amount of color correction to get good color was night and day different, just a touch here and there.

Once I really get into it and run my white balance run, where I swim the planned route with a small slate that I use to judge color, I think I can really get some great results out of this.

A couple of notes this is my first time on camera with the 108s and I am going to spend some time adjusting them in the next couple of weeks. And the light rig I am using is something that I am also testing for more on the go videos in big rooms.

Video below has GPLog first and then the exact same settings but with the flat color profile.

YT Link

Back
Top Bottom