Grand Sirenis or Barcelo Maya Caribe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim2386

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

We're looking at the Barcelo Maya Caribe all inclusive resort

Barcelo Maya Caribe all-inclusive resort Cancun Mexico

or the grand sirenis

Grand Sirenis Resort Mayan Rivera

We were just wondering if there's a reputible dive shop near by. We really don't want to have to drive an hour with our gear to get on a boat to go out to dive. We like to find a diving company closer.

Also, has anyone of you stayed here and what did you think of them?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

From what I have heard from reviews, there is a dive shop on the beach of the resort, called Aqua-Inn (no website provided, or it is down). Although I know there are other dive shops outside the resort that probably provide more services (I have heard the Blue Caribe is good), I do not know exactly where they are located from the resort.

I will be heading there the during the week of March 17-24th with my family and have been doing a little research regarding this resort and the surrounding dive sites. The one thing I have noticed is if you want to go somewhere special like cave diving or wreck diving you will have to travel a bit and it might be an all day trip.

Grand Sirenis advertises good deep diving right off the beach, but I am a little skeptical of the quality and what they consider deep. If anyone has had experience diving from the Grand Sirenis or know how far it is from other dive shops in the area it would be greatly appreciated.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Grand Sirenis.
By the way, those are some really nice underwater shots. Much more colorful than the reef in real life under available light.

Back
Top Bottom