Great Deal, but I had to act fast (Anniversary present to me)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I got an email a few days ago that Explorer Ventures was going to be offering a 50% off sale on selected boats and on selected dates.

The sale went "active" this morning at 9am EDT.

I was able to book a trip on the Turk & Caicos Explorer II (at 50% discount) to coincide with the 10th anniversary of my retirement this fall.

I have been on this boat before, and I loved the trip. I hope this one will be just as good.
(Here is a shot from the first time that I was onboard this boat.)
TCIEx2.jpg

Did thsi trip a few years ago... Was a great time !! You will have a good time.

Did thsi trip a few years ago... Was a great time !! You will have a good time.
Thanks. I hope so. I did it back in 2014, and I was amazed with the ease that the crew got the guests to feel like the boat was their home. I am looking forward to it.

The Turks & Caicos Explorer II trips for this sale were sold out in a little over an hour. Now I just have to keep an eye out for airfare. Right now, non-stop return airfare out of Toronto to Provo is just over $1k.

Thanks. I hope so. I did it back in 2014, and I was amazed with the ease that the crew got the guests to feel like the boat was their home. I am looking forward to it.

The Turks & Caicos Explorer II trips for this sale were sold out in a little over an hour. Now I just have to keep an eye out for airfare. Right now, non-stop return airfare out of Toronto to Provo is just over $1k.
Hey Hoag,

My wife and I grabbed a spot for Sept 9, 2023, which date are you going?

We are in Ottawa so are seeing the same 1K$CAN prices for flights. I was thinking of driving to New York's JFK, where flights are 470$CAN.

We have been on the this boat twice before, May 2007 and August 2014. It is one of our favorites.

According to their availablity tracker there are still 2 spaces available for Sept 9, 9 for the 5th of August and 18 for the 19th of August, so if anyone is interested there are still options.

Hey Hoag,

My wife and I grabbed a spot for Sept 9, 2023, which date are you going?

We are in Ottawa so are seeing the same 1K$CAN prices for flights. I was thinking of driving to New York's JFK, where flights are 470$CAN.

We have been on the this boat twice before, May 2007 and August 2014. It is one of our favorites.

According to their availablity tracker there are still 2 spaces available for Sept 9, 9 for the 5th of August and 18 for the 19th of August, so if anyone is interested there are still options.
Same trip! I'll see you there. :)

Just booked my flights this morning (non-stop YYZ to PLS & return). Looks like I am going divin'! :cool:

I got an email a few days ago that Explorer Ventures was going to be offering a 50% off sale on selected boats and on selected dates.

The sale went "active" this morning at 9am EDT.

I was able to book a trip on the Turk & Caicos Explorer II (at 50% discount) to coincide with the 10th anniversary of my retirement this fall.

I have been on this boat before, and I loved the trip. I hope this one will be just as good.
(Here is a shot from the first time that I was onboard this boat.)View attachment 782739
I've had an exceptionally busy 2 years with no time off so was looking to book a trip on EV T&C as it's a great trip, have done this boat 2x in last 5 years and the T&C Aggressor 6 years ago. When the sale came up for Sept. 9th I jumped on it, guess I'll see you there!

Well, as Jimmy Buffett once said, it looks like we will be "Tryin' to Reason with the hurricane season".

What is now Tropical Storm Lee looks like it could be a Cat 4 Hurricane by the weekend and might make things "Sporty".

So how was it? SOrry I Missed the week, I had to cancel last minute as my business server crashed 4 days before the trip and everything went sideways on me for me. Hoping Hurricane Lee didn't stir things up too much, looks like it stayed far enough east/North of the T&C.

So how was it? SOrry I Missed the week, I had to cancel last minute as my business server crashed 4 days before the trip and everything went sideways on me for me. Hoping Hurricane Lee didn't stir things up too much, looks like it stayed far enough east/North of the T&C.
The Captain did a commendable job to try to find us the best conditions that he could. Having said that, the bottom, especially in the shallows was stirred up quite a bit and visibility in the shallows was often (IMHO) pretty bad. For me, and it seems that I was about the only one who this seemed to affect, not seeing the boat even though I was told I was right under it was very un-nerving & I blew through my air a lot faster than I normally do.

Once we got over the wall, and into deeper (and less sandy) areas, the vis cleared up dramatically.

This lasted most of the week, but Friday morning, as many did a pre-dawn dive, it was as if somebody flipped a switch and the surface was flat and calm, and from the deck of the boat, I could see the bottom.

All in all, it was a good (but I wouldn't say an amazing) trip. The boat must have had a waiting list, because it was full & all cabins were occupied.

Back
Top Bottom