GREAT deals on Fundraiser Auction for Diving, condos, etc ends May 1st.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corki asked me to post:

"can you thank the people on Scuba Board for their donations...don't know them personally but what a wonderful gesture for Andrea and let others can donate to the paypal account too."

How sad. I hope the girl recovers well & soon. Poor thing...
No, the drunk made bail and fled apparently. There are warrants I believe.
I thought the airports would catch him? I guess he could catch a ferry to the peninsula, but he has to board a plane sometime. Holding his passport would have been good.

So, I don't see the auctions. Do I need to join the group to see them...??

Ok I joined. Such a busy page. I still don't see an auction...??

Last edited:
How sad. I hope the girl recovers well & soon. Poor thing...

I thought the airports would catch him? I guess he could catch a ferry to the peninsula, but he has to board a plane sometime. Holding his passport would have been good.

So, I don't see the auctions. Do I need to join the group to see them...??

Ok I joined. Such a busy page. I still don't see an auction...??

I would guess when he initially made bail, he probably departed immediately.

That page is busy. If you go to the page and put 'april auction' in the search box in the upper right, you should find the post about it. Of course the auction is closed, but you can see what was sold and all.

I would guess when he initially made bail, he probably departed immediately.

That page is busy. If you go to the page and put 'april auction' in the search box in the upper right, you should find the post about it. Of course the auction is closed, but you can see what was sold and all.
I thought they had a system to block bail jumpers from boarding planes? So the auction is already over...? :confused:

I don't know if you know Candy Cane Corki? She dresses as an elf or Mrs Claus every year and visits local kids and hands out toys and candy. She is a lovely person and is managing the auction. She did a live one at Woody's as well. You can use PayPal to send her money at acorki@gmail.com and she will deliver it to the family. (And if you say 'what is paypal?' I'll call BS :) ) She is trust worthy and all.
Ok, I normally don't trust individuals with donations, but sent her $50. I made it a gift so they charged me the fee instead of taking it out of the donation. I really feel for the innocent little girl.

I thought they had a system to block bail jumpers from boarding planes? So the auction is already over...? :confused:

Ok, I normally don't trust individuals with donations, but sent her $50. I made it a gift so they charged me the fee instead of taking it out of the donation. I really feel for the innocent little girl.

Yea, I don't know. I mean he was 'free' until he didn't show for a hearing sometime later.

And yes, the auction is over. Ended May 1 as in the thread name. :)

And I get you on the donations. I don't trust anyone, but I figure Corki is one of the good ones. And if you are donating, choose send money to friends and family. If you use your bank to fund it, it is free I think.

And yes, the auction is over. Ended May 1 as in the thread name. :)

And I get you on the donations. I don't trust anyone, but I figure Corki is one of the good ones. And if you are donating, choose send money to friends and family. If you use your bank to fund it, it is free I think.
I missed that in the title, but I see you missed that I said I sent it as a gift so she gets the full donation. I don't trust paypal with access to my bank balance, but I paid the fee.

I missed that in the title, but I see you missed that I said I sent it as a gift so she gets the full donation. I don't trust paypal with access to my bank balance, but I paid the fee.

actually I did. It was more using you to illustrate to others they don't necessarily have even pay fee

You picked the right person to blindly trust. Corki does great work on the island. If you use facebook at all she is the one behind Candy Cane Corki that benefits kids. She has really been at the forefront in collecting donations for Andrea's family. Nice Job Don!

Nemecio Interian has also been accepting PayPal donations. He's a rotarian who runs established businesses on the island. He started the day after Andrea was hit, so it was to him that I sent money while she was still in the ICU. At this point Corki has been doing more with donations and running the auction. Unfortunately, this will be marathon rather than a sprint. Andrea has a traumatic brain injury, and those don't just go away.

Last edited:
Yea, I actually sent my first donation when it first happened through Nemecio Interian, who is also big in Rotary and is THE guy for AC and TV!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom