Great Lakes Wrecking Crew 14th Semi-Annual Meet and Greet April 23rd-25th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I PLAN ON BEING THERE ABOUT 9:00. AFTER I GET MY SIGHT SET UP, I'M GOING TO PARK MY CAR IN THE BUNKHOUSE SPOT TO SAVE IT UNTIL TED GETS THERE. I MADE A TOLEDO RUN YESTERDAY AND GOT THE KIELBASA; REALLY LUCKED OUT...IT WAS ON SALE WITH A BUCK OFF PER POUND!:D AND MAN, IS IT HEAVY ON THE GARLIC! :shocked2: THOSE GOING DEEP ON FRI., DON'T FORGET TO FILE YOUR PLAN WHEN YOU CHECK IN....ESPECIALLY PVTSTASH!:rofl3:

Denny ... Why are you shouting?

Ok... I couldn't resist... Is this like an old man thing??? Do you mean you need to put your glasses on? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Or do you really mean SITE? As in Camp Site...

Sorry... Really couldn't resist.... :D

Don't correct the retired english teacher.

CRAP!---I hate when I do that! Mike, you should have corrected me in red Of course, my mask is a prescription lens, so I guess I could mean that. yea, that's what I meant!!

Jim,

That is the way old people speak. "YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN! NOW WHERE IS MY WALKER?"

Was I shouting??? Is this better?

was i shouting??? is this better?

yes. That's much better. I too hate it when my capslock key gets stuck.

Addition: Too funny ... SB (or my browser) won't even let me enter something in all caps!

Hey, at this point I am planning to be there, but it will only be for Friday and Saturday until Noonish. My son's senior prom is Saturday and I want to get back for the pics. I'll have to go up a few posts and see what might still be needed for food. Any suggestions? (Or last-minute cancellations that I can replace?)

jwalko - I still have your LP hose that Ted borrowed last fall. I'll bring it.
luckdays - I have DIN inserts you can borrow if you still need them.

-Rob

So $91.00 later I have all 5 of my takes freshly vis'd and filled with air. Tanks will be loaded in the dive trailer tonight in preperation for traveling to Ohio next week.

If it would help sway your mind into coming. I'm sure we can round up a buddy or two..

Okey dokey, here's the deal. Rabbit is coming with one OW student who will be in need of a buddy for the weekend. Slight chance there could be a rabbit sighting on Friday. I am off for vacation next week and should be back in town before Friday morning.

Did Ber say "her" isn't that like feeding a rabbit to a bunch of hungry wolves????

Yes I said "her" and my student will be ready for hungry wolves, rabbits don't send their young out unprepared :eyebrow:

Sorry!!! No rabbits were hurt or eaten during the last post.
There's a mitten who needs and ear thwapping though :chuckle:

she did say her Because it was Ber though I was trying to be nice until she showed up. Then it was shananigans as usual..
You guys have always made my students feel welcome even with the shananigans :rofl3:

Hi everyone! I'm following the link that Jendra gave me to this thread, so I hope that I'm not buttin' in right at the end!

I've just found out through my dive shop that my OW cert dives will be at Gilboa on April 24-25! I've read though the M&G FAQ and lot of this thread (although admittedly, not all of it yet), so hopefully I won't be too shy to speak up & find you all! :D
Come on out and join the party! If you see me underwater just wave, I'm the one wearing a blue rabbit ear hood---pretty hard to miss me :D No such thing as shy with this group, barge right in and announce yourself. You have to be kind of aggressive with this group LOL!

I'll bring something else with it, not sure what yet, looking at the liist, looks like about everything is covered.

Maybe some rabbit food?

Ken

PS, maybe I need to get some ingredients ordered up and get abatch or 2 started so I have some good stuff for fall . . .

Leave the rabbit food to the pros LOL! Bunny will be bringing a veggie tray:wink:

Ber :lilbunny:

I just checked my tanks and discovered they need Vis'd but don't think I can get them back in time (plus, they are full, hate to waste the $18 worth of air)...

I shoudln't have a probelm renting a tank, should I??

I just checked my tanks and discovered they need Vis'd but don't think I can get them back in time (plus, they are full, hate to waste the $18 worth of air)...

I shoudln't have a probelm renting a tank, should I??

Dont worry Steve, rentals are available but I will have a few tanks with me if you want to borrow them. They are steel but you can borrow one if you like.

Thanks everyone who offered for an insert for my valves but my shop had 2 that were laying around. The shop installed them when they did viz yesterday.

Dont worry ... I will have a few tanks with me if you want to borrow them. They are steel but you can borrow one if you like ...
Thanks, I may try one out; although I'm afraid I'll like it better than my AL80's!

The shop installed them when they did viz yesterday.
I am assuming I know the shop involved, maybe I can get them checked before I go .... Just curious, when did you drop them off?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom