Greetings from Georgia, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SATurner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone,

Newly minted bubble blower in the Atlanta metro area.

I've already been trying to soak up lots of information. I know there's lots to learn.

I will try to search before asking all the "new guy" questions. ;-)

-Seth

Welcome to the forums! I know some folks in the Atlanta area head up my way (Knoxville) to do quarry dives sometimes -- let me know if you come up this way and need a buddy. I prefer warmer water, so the quarries around here are usually not warm enough for me until June.

Welcome. While Search can turn up a lot of info., it can be quite a slog to wade through it at times. You may need to post some specific questions. The other problem is people literally don't know what they don't know.

One such topic is back plate/wing vs. jacket BCDs (and rear inflate, and the ScubaPro HydrosPro, etc...). Another is the controversy over split fins (you'll find some here don't like them, obviously some people do seeing as how they're still sold). There there's 'what brand regulator should I buy, and should I buy low, mid. range or high end in that brand?'

Richard.

Greetings from another ATL'ian. No worries about "new guy questions." Some may disagree, but I'd say we're pretty chill and welcoming to new people to the hobby. Yes, the same questions may have been asked a thousand times, so who cares if you make it 1001.

Thank you all for the welcomes and feedback. I agree, it's a forum to discuss, but I also know to try to learn instead of just trying to take. :wink:

I'm definitely excited to learn what I don't know and grow into a better diver.

Welcome Seth and Congrats on your certification. This is great place to learn more about diving, equipment, wisdom through shared experiences. Its a great place to soak it up between dips in the pool.

Welcome! There are a few of us Atliens here on the board

Back
Top Bottom