Greetings from KS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to look at milford lake up by junction city and turtle creek lake in manhattan.

Welcome to the board!

Creed:
Well, you caught my attention. I am located in Lyons, KS, and I am looking for a (at least somewhat) local dive buddy. The closest decent diving I have found in my neck of the woods is Wilson Lake. It at least gets a few feet of visibility. The other local lakes are pretty miserable, and only good for practising navigation.
I fell out of diving after my initial cert(college and marriage and kids will do that to ya) 9 years ago, so I am chomping at the bit, er, regulator. Let me know if you want to hook up to blow some bubbles.

Sounds good to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wilson lake doesn't have any dive shops. You have to bring in all your own gear/tanks. Being newly certified, I have yet to build up my equipment inventory. However, if I had someone to blow bubbles with, it might give me a good excuse to invest.

Ks Bob:
Sounds good to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wilson lake doesn't have any dive shops. You have to bring in all your own gear/tanks. Being newly certified, I have yet to build up my equipment inventory. However, if I had someone to blow bubbles with, it might give me a good excuse to invest.
I am just now getting my own gear. There are a few dive shops in Wichita, so you could pick up some rental gear prior to driving up. The guys at Adventure Sports on Central seem pretty nice(here).

Kaiser:
You might want to look at milford lake up by junction city and turtle creek lake in manhattan.
While I haven't dove them myself, I was friends with some local divers there while I was going to college. Both lakes are reportedly filled with monofilament line. However, this is second hand, so take it for what its worth.

Ks Bob:
Just finished my OW on vacation in Myrtle Beach. Looking forward to diving on a cruise this winter. Hoping to dive before then somewhere near Wichita.

Hello from Matt,

Welcome to SB! I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :scubadive

I am planning a weekend trip to Wilson Lake, KS this weekend. Any tips on diving there? As I understand it, there are no local dive shops for tank refills? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

galscuba:
I am planning a weekend trip to Wilson Lake, KS this weekend. Any tips on diving there? As I understand it, there are no local dive shops for tank refills? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.
The closest shop I know of is in Russel, KS. It is called Puddle Jumper's Dive Shop((785) 483-6271). I would recommend renting an extra tank or two for the day. Tank rentals seem to hover around $7/day here, which isn't bad at all.
The owner of Puddle Jumper's would also be likely to help you find a dive site.
I just noticed that you are from OK. I would recommend picking up some tanks in Wichita on your way(assumming that you are driving). You might want to look at Adventure Sports for that(www.adventuresportskansas.com).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom