Greetings from NJ/NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

echikiku

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all, new to the forum here. It's been 10+years since I did my DSDs, 7 years since I got certified, and 5+years of actively diving the Americas and worldwide whenever I can. Unlike those lucky Cali/Florida residents, I've never lived in a place where it had convenient access to the best dive sites in the US. However, I recently discovered that the waters in NJ and Long Island are actually divable and there's a very active diving community in the area. Would love to connect with local divers and dive near home (I even heard you could do cage diving and odds are spotting the Great Whites).

Although I'm sure local divers can give much professional answers than I do, if you have questions regarding diving in the following places, I'd still be down to chat. 以及如果你在北美也会说中文的话,欢迎联系加入各种群:))

So here're the places/spots I've been to:
  • National Aquarium in Baltimore
  • Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta
  • Lobstering in Boston
  • NC, for the wrecks
  • Monterey, Cali
  • Multiple spots in Florida: Venice, Crystal River and its surrounding Caverns, Clearwater, West Palm Beach (BHB, blackwater dives, goliath groupers, etc)
  • Galapagos
  • Raja Ampat
  • Bahamas
  • Great Barrier Reef
  • Japan
  • Cabo San Lucas, La Paz, and cenote dives, Mexico
  • Bahamas
  • Belize
  • Bonaire
  • Turks & Caicos
Also looking for suggestions for:
  • Lobstering & shark teeth diving in NC
  • Pro tips for liveaboard trips to the Red Sea during Thanksgiving (BDE route)
  • Budget-friendly options to visit Churchill, Canada for the polar bears & beluga whales
  • Budget-friendly options & last minute deals on orca trips in Norway

Welcome! Northern NJ here. Relatively inexperienced but getting into diving the local wrecks. It's a great community here, and I've learned a tremendous amount from this forum and from the more experienced people I dive with.

I'm in Florida but have dived several times in the Long Island sound with my son. There is a submarine there that was the last german vessel sunk in US waters in WWII which we dove. By some coincidence, the year before that I dove the first german vessel sunk US waters in WWII. It was a cargo vessel in the Tortugas. Long island is a great place to dive if you have a good drysuit!

I am a member of the Scuba Club of NY and the Long Island Divers Assoc. Would like to sell my TG-5 camera with housing & accessories. Not sure how to do that on this website. I am located in the Bronx.

Welcome from a Yonkers native. I'm envious of your trips! Other than McClearie Park, Allenhurst Jetty & Manasquan River RR Bridge, do you know of any good NJ shore sites?

Welcome from a Yonkers native. I'm envious of your trips! Other than McClearie Park, Allenhurst Jetty & Manasquan River RR Bridge, do you know of any good NJ shore sites?
Sorry, I can't help you there. I'm a warm water only diver. But I can recommend contacting the Long Island Divers Association. Thanks for the welcome.

Sorry, I can't help you there. I'm a warm water only diver. But I can recommend contacting the Long Island Divers Association. Thanks for the welcome.
I live a bit north of Yonkers in Putnam County. You might enjoy The Scuba Sports Club in Westchester. Nice group of active divers. We just do a deco stop in Yonkers and we meet the second Wednesday of each month in White Plains and have a full schedule of really great dive trips.

I live a bit north of Yonkers in Putnam County. You might enjoy The Scuba Sports Club in Westchester. Nice group of active divers. We just do a deco stop in Yonkers and we meet the second Wednesday of each month in White Plains and have a full schedule of really great dive trips.
That's funny, I am a member of the Scuba club you mentioned. We have probably met there.:cool::cheers: I was on their Cozumel trip in 2022 and will be going to the Maldives with them next month.

Sharon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom