Greetings from snowy Northern Virginia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tx.lakerats:
Hi welcome to the boards... what part of Northern Va are you from? I use to live in Fairfax

Live in Herndon; housing prices and property taxes skyrocking; digging into my travel budget :(

Hey do you already have that trip finalized ? I am going in Whale Shark season. June 22nd....I have some spaces left if you wanna take one ...e mail me off board if you want...info@hollywoodivers.com...I have the whole Aggrressor chartered for our group...
You probobly will see hammers about anytime you go to galapagos from what I have been told...that is until the fisherman get in there and kill what is left...yikes later

Hollywoodivers:
Hey do you already have that trip finalized ? I am going in Whale Shark season. June 22nd....I have some spaces left if you wanna take one ...e mail me off board if you want...info@hollywoodivers.com...I have the whole Aggrressor chartered for our group...
You probobly will see hammers about anytime you go to galapagos from what I have been told...that is until the fisherman get in there and kill what is left...yikes later

We've paid about 30% down; another shop in this area had a week booked in July, but from what I understand, the hammerheads like the cooler waters, so they might be too deep to see for significant periods of time in June/July.

Whale sharks are on my "life list" but as you mentioned, I fear hammerheads' availability may not be as long-lived as the whale sharks. Even my dinky little Chinese restaurant in suburban Virginia served shark fins for the first time last month, so now I'm boycotting the place...but I certainly look forward to hearing your feedback when you return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom