Greetings from South Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wet Wolf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Don't really know much of what to say really, besides that I started diving last year, and that I really enjoy it. Besides talking with some diving friends online, I've been looking for a local diver to be a dive buddy, as I don't like diving without a partner. Other than that, I just lurk, so don't be surprised if I don't post too often. Pleasure to meet you all, now I'll fade back into the shadows of the deep to watch people talk in threads.

Welcome to Diving and to Scubaboard Wet Wolf. Depending on what type of diving you do ( clear or dark water ) you'll have no problem finding someone to dive with. If you plan to do any Fossil or Artifact diving be sure to get your Hobby License. Good Luck and Safe Diving from the LowCountry of SC.

Welcome to Diving and to Scubaboard Wet Wolf. Depending on what type of diving you do ( clear or dark water ) you'll have no problem finding someone to dive with. If you plan to do any Fossil or Artifact diving be sure to get your Hobby License. Good Luck and Safe Diving from the LowCountry of SC.
I'm not really sure of the difference. Most I went diving in was Lake Murray, and the visibility was poor then. I'm not sure what I'm qualified for, and what I'm not, since I only got the open water certification.

Clear water is just that. You can see for 100 feet or so, but Dark water your vis is on average 4 feet toooo 6 inches depending on the conditions, and then there's the current, sometimes ripping then other times moving just enought to keep the silk from clouding the water. This is what I enjoy doing. Looking for Artifacts and Fossils. To me there's is nothing like finding something that's a few hundred to a few millions years old. If you want to Wreck dive or Spear fish then off the coast of SC is as good as any with good Vis and lots to see. The same goes for Fossil and Artifact hunting. SC has some of the best Rivers to be hunted. Either way you need to get some experience. Check your area Dive Shops for trips and maybe join a Dive Club. Good way to meet locals who can point you in the right direction. Good luck and Safe Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom