Grenada or St. Vincent & the Grenadines Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redseal1tx

Registered
Reaction score
1278 miles NW of GCM; 4697 E of Midway Islands; 1
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am part of a 6 person group of divers who takes a liveaboard trip each April for a week. We've been doing a liveaboard trip together for 6 years and take our trips on a now defunct liveaboard.

Now that we are liveaboard orphans, I'm interested in our group going to Grenada or St. Vincent & the Grenadines in April 2011.

Are there any operations that offer liveaboard services in Grenada or St. Vincent & the Grenadines, or is diving in those locations primarily land based?

Thank you for your help.

redseal1tx

Don't know of any traditional liveaboards now. The Wind Dancer did that area for awhile (great trip) but they've moved the boat. I think there was mention at the time that they would put another boat there someday but I have heard nothing since. I would be like the first one on it if they did.

St Vincent and the Grenadines are a big sailing area though, lots of boats available for charter bareboat or crewed, which would probably work out well with a small group. I don't know if any cater to divers, as in arrangements to have tanks on board and know where to go. For sure, where there are lots of sailboats and dive ops, they will cater to the sailboats - pick up and return you to your boat. I've done land based diving in Bequia where we did boat pickups on the way. There's a couple other ops further south in the Grenadines I'm sure are the same. I don't know about St. Vincent or Grenada but I would think so if you're nearby.

I know we have found several charter boats in the BVI that support diving -- I'd suggest contacting Virgin Islands Sailing for assistance; they have been wonderful for us.

The Cuan Law makes one trip south per year, or at least it used to, according to our charter captain, who used to work on the boat.

I considered doing the Cuan Law when it headed south, but the timing never worked for us. I don't think they've offered it in awhile. Doesn't show up on their schedule for the next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom