grey card fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1fspeed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Maybe it's just me, but trying to hold a grey card in one hand, press the WB capture button with the other without the whole rig shifting sideways is at best awkward. Considered white fins but remembered the Flex Seal I used on my DIY Kracken video light floats last year, so wondered about using it to paint my fins. Turns out the grey color white balances quite well compared to "real" white and grey cards. It's held up extremely well on my floats, but I'll have to make sure it doesn't start flaking off on the flexible fins.

Quick test shots: Manual WB from the card shown in each shot. First two are proper white and grey cards, the third, Flex Seal on a scrap of paper.

whtie balance.jpg
IMG_0259.jpg

Interesting idea. I ditched a perfectly good pair of black fins for new white ones for this same purpose. I never thought of adapting what I already had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom