The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went on a Google safari today to see who's talking about the TFX... and it seems no one is. The most recent mention of the TFX on the Atomic Facebook page was 12/7/2023. No new videos. No new reviews. No nothing. What's happening?

TFX owners are too busy diving and enjoying themselves, they don't have the time to BS online.

My dive shop in Toronto still has a couple people on backorder (since launch) with no availability which seems very odd. They have been pretty good at tracking just about anything else down but this they can't get their hands on. Not sure if it's just them or others have this issue.

Atomic's website lists both DIN and Yoke TFX out of stock, but a number of US retailers mention stock on hand. Perhaps titanium fabrication is a complication. I'd probably reach for my wallet for a $600. brass Atomic center balanced second.

My dive shop in Toronto still has a couple people on backorder (since launch) with no availability which seems very odd. They have been pretty good at tracking just about anything else down but this they can't get their hands on. Not sure if it's just them or others have this issue.

No, Atomic has been delivering the regulator on regular basis. There is a lag time between ordering date and delivery but not that long. Dealers can't keep them in stock for sure however.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that if they can't meet demand, it is probably not 1st stages that are the issue (since they are {pretty much} the same as the T3s). I would expect that complete sets will be prioritized over just second stages, because $$ ...

10 months waiting so far ... sigh ...

I guess this begs the question: how long is "that long".

You are confused, he is talking about a second stage only not a whole system.

Back
Top Bottom