Regulator Geeks 4: The Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
RG4Small.jpg

This will announce the next in our little series of evening discussions about regulator minutia.
Tuesday, October 3, 2023 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm Pacific Daylight Time (9:30 to 11:30pm Eastern).

Or open up Zoom and enter Meeting ID 874 8458 5294 and Passcode 6054

We'll talk endlessly about center balanced second stages, starting with the venerable Scubapro Pilot and finishing with the last regulator you'll ever need to buy: the Atomic TFX. You know the drill by now. We'll probably run overtime. And when you give up because it's getting too late? I'll post the link here later to a YouTube recording.

Cheers!

Me, too!

Also, I'm heading to the lake this afternoon for the weekend. Hopefully, I will fit it in to do a quick dip with my TFX and finally experience the wonder. :D

Looking forward to your report! No matter how bad the vis, take one for the team!

It won't be a viz issue. I'm teaching an Intro to Tech student. I'll be diving doubles. And working. But, I'm thinking I might get away either with one dive with my TFX single tank rig mounted to my right post. Or just put it on there after a dive with my student and jump back in just for a few minutes to try it.

That would be nice, as it will let me directly compare the TFX 2nd, the Ti2 Octo that's on the same 1st stage, and also compare to my M1 that will be attached to the left post.

Which reminds me. I need to throw my new small pin spanner wrench in a bag that I'm taking, so I can possibly adjust the cracking pressure while I'm there.... :D

Cue the "Jaws" track...
:musicnote: (suspenseful music) Dunh, dunh!...Dunh, dunh!...Dunh, dunh :musicnote:

We're on for tonight! All the toys are ready.
6:30pm Pacific, 9:30pm Eastern.

Start Zoom and enter Meeting ID 874 8458 5294 and Passcode 6054

Or click the link in post #1 above.
The link will be active about 15 minutes early.

Back
Top Bottom