Groix island fatality - France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Not much to go on here. The closing remark is puzzling: "a bad adjustment of the diving bottles would be at the origin of the discomfort which cost the life of the experienced diver." Perhaps a French speaking person can offer a better translation.

Google translation...

Diving accident in Groix​

The 50-year-old victim of a diving accident on Sunday morning in Groix died yesterday at the Bodélio hospital in Lorient where she had been transported. Chantal Julaud, residing in La Chapelle-de-Brain (35), participated in a diving trip with her club, Redon Atlantique diving.

According to the first elements of the investigation, a bad adjustment of the diving bottles would be at the origin of the discomfort which cost the life of the experienced diver.

Wrong gas or bad fill?
Valve "adjusted" to almost closed?
People from that club must read SB...They can always private message if they don't want to post in the open.

I am French, but not familiar with French lingo for scuba diving (learned scuba in the U.K.).

To me, it looks like it was probably not written by a scuba diver: it says that the bottles were wrongly set up (or had the wrong setting) and that caused the diver to faint.

Yeah, not much to go with here. The "tanks were set up incorrectly", could be anything from wrong gas mix to closed valve.
From the French scubaboard some "insider info" speaks of a ruptured aneurysm, but it's pure speculation at this stage.

Yeah, not much to go with here. The "tanks were set up incorrectly", could be anything from wrong gas mix to closed valve.
From the French scubaboard some "insider info" speaks of a ruptured aneurysm, but it's pure speculation at this stage.
What’s the French scubaboard?

I am French, but not familiar with French lingo for scuba diving (learned scuba in the U.K.).

To me, it looks like it was probably not written by a scuba diver: it says that the bottles were wrongly set up (or had the wrong setting) and that caused the diver to faint.

Agree, there are too many ways to interpret it - without further info, it means nothing...

Back
Top Bottom