Trip Report Guadalupe October 2018 - Great White Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Premo83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last October I had the pleasure to be on a trip to Guadalupe on the Nautilus Undersea. It was my second time to Guadalupe. The first time I was one the Nautilus Bella Amie. Compared to the Belle Amie the Undersea is much smaller. The Belle Amie is almost a cruise ship. Even though there was less space on the Undersea compared to the Belle Amie there is still enough space. Also with less guests, it makes it less crowded. The crew did an amazing job keeping everyone happy and the food was plenty and delicious. For photographers and videographers there is a big camera table.

There was one surface cage for 4 people and two deep cages for 3 guests plus a guide. The deep cages operated on a schedule. At first, I thought it may be a fight to get spots in a cage but there was always free spaces. You could hop in any time you want. As the action was mostly on the surface, the deep cages stayed on the surface a lot. Compared to last time there were also many more sharks and much more action. On my first trip, the great white sharks came rarely to the surface, stayed deep most of the time. This time it was vice versa. In addition, we were lucky to see a couple of big females including the famous Lucy.

Here is a short teaser from my trip, full video will follow soon:

I did a trip on the Belle Amie in early November and loved it. It was incredible seeing those magnificent sharks.

Great to hear that. I will be on the Belle Amie again this December to Socorro :)

We did Guadalupe on the Nautilus Explorer the first week of October this year. The shark viewing was spectacular, and everything about the trip itself was excellent.
As a result of that experience, we are signed up for Socorro on the Belle Amie in early May, 2019. Can't wait for that trip of lifetime!

Great to hear that. I will be on the Belle Amie again this December to Socorro :)

I hope to hear about the trip, I know the time of year makes a difference on what you see, but it is all supposed to be amazing.

I hope to hear about the trip, I know the time of year makes a difference on what you see, but it is all supposed to be amazing.
This will be my third time to Socorro. First time was in May as well. We had lots of Manta Rays and Dolphins. Sharks were around but stayed deep. Second time was in March with much more Sharks, many Dolphins again but with less Mantas. But it could be very random and there as also an el nino year.

here's the video from the trip in May:
and here's the one from March:

and I finally finished the full Guadalupe video. I hope you enjoy

Great video - thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom