Guam as port of entry - 1.5 hours enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking at routing Manila - Guam - Honolulu - LAX on United. We have global entry. Arrival is 5:35 am on a Sunday, and layover in Guam is 1:20.

I assume we clear customs and immigration in Guam and not HNL. Is 1:20 sufficient time (assuming all goes as planned)?

Thanks

Less than 12 hours at GUM, you might be OK, but a bit tight. I know if over 12 hours, you need to pick up bags and re-check. You'll do immigration at the gate for HNL there at GUM and you'll have to pick up bags in HNL and re-check for LAX. At least that was the case last June.

Less than 12 hours at GUM, you might be OK, but a bit tight. I know if over 12 hours, you need to pick up bags and re-check. You'll do immigration at the gate for HNL there at GUM and you'll have to pick up bags in HNL and re-check for LAX. At least that was the case last June.
Clarifying, we would have an hour twenty in Guam, land at 5:35 am depart 6:55 am

I would assume that if United will book the connection on their website they will take responsibility in getting you home, even if you miss the connection. If you booked with a third party and miss the connection, things will get complicated. At that point United will not help you and you will have to go through your booking agent.

I would assume that if United will book the connection on their website they will take responsibility in getting you home, even if you miss the connection. If you booked with a third party and miss the connection, things will get complicated. At that point United will not help you and you will have to go through your booking agent.
that's my assumption, and there are a lot of Guam - LAX flights throughout the day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom