Guardian Angels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Talk about drunks having Guardian Angels.

I go an accident yesterday that happened at around 1640. It was way too early to be that drunk plus he had Valium onboard. Man this is only the start of my second swing shift.

He drove past Fernan Village and as he gets to the last house, before the start of the lake he stops. He backs up about 100’ and turns right onto the street that basically goes through the middle of the village.

In the short trip, roughly a half a mile, he had no less than 12 accidents. Just prior to the last one he passed a stop sign and continued straight. Had he decided to turn left he would have gone around 100 yards to the lake.

He ended up at the dead end and rear ended a boat on a trailer. He backed up into a pick-up where home owners contacted him.

No FST’s for this guy. He would have gone flat on his face when he stepped out of the vehicle if we didn’t hold him up.

BUT that wasn’t the most dangerous thing he did. Just as we got to the jail, only a 5 minute trip, he started tossing chunks. Had they not been the dry heaves I would have returned him to the lake cut a hole in the ice and deposited him until Spring run off.

This is proof God protects drunks.

Here is the sat pic. The Village is the triangle between the end of the lake and the freeway. He crashed at the street that goes close to the freeway behind the long Forest Service building.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=12&Z=11&X=648&Y=6599&W=1 zoom in one more time and the road he took was the longest one.

Snohomish County over on the Seattle side wasn't so lucky. They don't get much freezing cold weather and the ice is rarely safe. Three teens went out to explore the frozen lake. One came back, one was rescued and one was recovered. :(

Gary D.

Does that mean he could only go around right corners? At least he could always find his way home always by taking right corners...Love your sense of humor:D

Lee county had one this weekend that didn't turn out so well. The drunk survived with minor injuries after killing two brothers age 1 and 6 and seriously injuring 4 more in multiple accidents. The ******* was driving up to 80 mph along Ft. Myers beach (a very conjested area).

Back
Top Bottom