GUE and smoking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is nothing wrong with GUE excluding smokers from their courses -- it's their training, and if they want certain standards to be upheld, kudos to them; their game, their rules.

I'd still be interested in an answer to the original question.

I think most of this thread was in answer to the greater part of the original post. As for the other questions in the post, I have not heard of anyone losing their cards due to smoking. However, I have heard of people who lied on their applications who were then prohibited from training once they admitted that they did indeed smoke.

I have not heard of anyone losing their cards without doing something pretty severe. It is my impression that this is an extremely rare occurance and usually involves divers performing dives well above their training from *any* agency.

There are no GUE Secret Police. Nobody is combing dive logs looking for reasons to pull cards. That said, if you are going to do a cave dive using stages and a scooter when you only finished Cave 1 two weeks ago, don't do it at a dive site where GUE instructors train other students. <g>

Cameron

I think Cameron's book should be required reading for all GUE classes.

Can I have fries with that?

Thanks for the endorsement!

I'll be sure to put your profile headshot on the website. <g>

Cameron

Still french bashing ? Tsssss...never tired...:shakehead:
:)

Not at all. I've lived in France for 5 years, and I have enjoyed it very much, and have experienced the French people as very open minded, accommodating (if that's the right word), and welcoming, and with a good sense of humour (mostly). I don't share the sentiments that many people seem to have vis-a-vis the French people, and wouldn't mind at all living in France again.

I thought that French people would have had the humour to come up with a placard such as that. Apparently the Greeks do too :)

Being a smoker by itself isnt something I really see as a real issue. The things it do to your body, however is what should be considered.
ok TSandM went down 40% on one cigaretter, but being a casual smoker, that means having gone down those 40% and back up, multiple times, alas it was a temporary effect.
If I smoke for 20 years and quit smoking, I suddenly fill the requirements, however what is not known is how badly my health has already been affected by the smoking. There are both permanent and temporary bodily harm caused by smoking and the effects that DONT fade with time might be just as harmfull as me taking a smoke AFTER a dive, cant it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom