GUE, DIR, and Philosophy part II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks roakey!

Now i feel much younger, as in Padi "Basic" c-card, May 1980.

:) :D :jester:

we just sorta jumped in and hoped that our ascents equalled our descents. I remember laughing at a guy with a horse collar... I think we even called it "new-fangled" too!

xoomboy once bubbled...
Nah, I believe artifacts like THAT should be preserved for everyone to enjoy!
Touché

Roak

Ah yes, i remember being p*ssed i had to take a class to buy air from the same local sporting goods i had been buying it from for several years with no stinkin c-card.

We are truly lucky to be alive, my how things have changed.

Yes, we had no LDS back then. Our LDS also sold jock straps and football cleats. Remember that stylish orange Voit stuff?

Wow! Some of you people are old! LOL! :wink: :eek:ut:

JamesK once bubbled...
Wow! Some of you people are old! LOL! :wink: :eek:ut:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-0

Are you sure your old enough to be an Evil right wing Republican?

:jester:

I recently went through (tagged along) an OW class w/a buddy of mine for PADI. The insrtuctor had 3 students. One of which was an exchange student from Japan. Now granted there was a big language barrier, but this poor kid all throught the pool work & the check out dives (in a spring thank goodness) had the "Deer in the headlights" looks. While he did ok on several excercises, he was VERY lacking in the basic skills for scuba.

But he passed.

The instructor would look @ me while we were in the pool or the spring as to say "What am I doing wrong?" The class was only alotted 2 hours pool work on Sat & Sun, so he did take him into the pool @ Devil's Den, but it still didn't help.

Now while I'm am all for a diversity of people getting certified, I feel that if you knowingly teach/take a class where there's a major language barrier, you should refer/defer to some one who teaches/understands the same language.

Just MHO

gedunk once bubbled...
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-0

Are you sure your old enough to be an Evil right wing Republican?

:jester:

LMAO!!! Let's just say that I am a fast learner!!!!! :D

AquaTec once bubbled...
actualy so does Dive Rescue International
which a public safety divers training agency
...oh well... I don't even have the t-shirt any more. I still have the hat around here somewhere.... I think... hmmm...

Hey Doug, you need to come down here sometime and go diving with me... I think we would have a blast... too much in common not to. :D

that might be fun, I am comming down to Seattle next weekend to see my brothers new baby, not sure if we will have time to do a dive then. but soon, I would like that.

Maybe you can give me some pointer prior to my DIRF class =-)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom