GUE Open Water class documentary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don't make it easy to figure out what their classes are, or when or where they are given, do they? I should pass this comment along.

From retrospective I'd loved to take this GUE Rec 1 course.
But back then I was a little uncertain if scuba diving was for me. Hence spending $1,000 and ten days of time would have been a little overwhelming. This is propably true for the majority of new divers imo. Besides, if you don't know a GUE diver beforehand or if you don't reseach very thoroughly, I highly doubt that you get aware of GUE at all, let alone that they offer a rarely tought entry level course.

Really, the GUE course is not that expensive, it just seems expensive at first. Thinking about how much I spent on OW + Nitrox + NAV, I would have actually saved money and learnt a lot more.

My local LDS doesn't even bother with a standard OW course - they only offer a "platinum" version with 8 open water dives rather then the 4 required. They sell this for $700 and it isn't a scratch on what the GUE REC1 seems to include (based on my skimming of the Rec1 course notes). And their class is always full.

GUE needs to come up with a "sell" document that highlights the benefits. And i'm not talking about a "we are the best, we have the best system" spiele that seems to come across in the course notes, but a document that lists what you learn in GUE REC1 vs typical agency OW course, and highlight what it includes that would be a separate course in other agencies.

Your right, at first it sound expensive but eventually you start to realize its extremely expensive. Buy yourself a goPro or contour, video tape yourself and critique to optimize your trim and buoyancy. Find what works for you and enjoy diving.

Buy yourself a goPro or contour, video tape yourself and critique to optimize your trim and buoyancy. Find what works for you and enjoy diving.

Yeah right.

Back
Top Bottom