Gulf Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingHeidi

Reaction score
Hi all my fellow Gulf Divers,

As many of you said we don't need a new Sub-Forum, we just post our own thread here and off we go.

Let me introduce myself and I hope we can all do that, so we got toknow who is all out there in the Gulf.

I am Heidi and have been in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for 11 years and I am originally from Belgium. Unfortunately have only been diving since almost a year (being here in the Middle East I should have started earlier, but helas).
I have been diving mainly in Oman (Musandam mainly) and the East Coast of UAE (Dibba, Khor Fukkan). I love the diving in both places.
Outside the Oman and UAE, we went diving in January to Jordan, Aqaba at the Red Sea for diving (great!!!) and in June I went diving in Turkey, Kas, which was not so colourfull as the Red Sea or the Indian Ocean, but still was fantastic and cold (18C is freezing if you are used the sea here...).

On Wednesday we (myself and my husband Juergen, who also is a SB-er now) are off again to go diving in Oman, this time we go to the Dalamnyat Islands. And who knows we may meet some other SB-ers there: maybe Ramsabi and Ian T?

Hope to hear from you all.

Heidi:wink:

Giday Heidi

I'm heading across to Dubai may be July - August.. If you have any recommendations there that's be great.. hope to then travel across to Sharm for a week..

Many thanks 30M

Giday Heidi

I'm heading across to Dubai may be July - August.. If you have any recommendations there that's be great.. hope to then travel across to Sharm for a week..

Many thanks 30M

Don't bother diving in Dubai it is pretty poor. Best bet is to head to the east coast (about 2 hours by car). You can't go wrong with Chris Chellapermal of Nomad Ocean Adventures. He's based in Musandam and does some great trips.

Thanks for the heads up Benzonar.
I've spoken to a few people about it now and if I get time I'll work it into the return leg from Sharm... thanks again for the info and I'll check the www on Nomad Ocean Adventures. Cheeeers :)

I have lived and dived in Dubai for the last 10 years. I would recommend you to dive with a freelance Instructor because they have good connections with all of the dive shops. There is one PADI IDC Staff Instructor Imad Khashfeh mobile no +971507766078 or check out his facebook group Undersea diving - Imad Khashfeh who is an excellent Instructor. He dives both Dubai, Dibba, Musandam and the East Coast. He can also advice you where and with whom to dive with in Thailand and Lebanon.
Go dive :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom