Gulliver's Lake Opening May 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjk75

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just called them--they said they're opening the park May 1st.

That place should be 70° by then :D. I start every year swearing I will not dive Gulliver's but always back down because it is so much closer than other dives. This year I am just not bothering to make that claim and am saying "I plan on trying to dive in decent locations as much as possible rather than Gullivers".

I don't know about 70F on May 1 (it would be nice) but the visibility ought to be good. It's still the best place to check out your new equipment and techniques--I know exactly how you feel about going there.

I guess I forgot my [/sarcasm] tag. You are right about the visibility.

i cant say i am excited about Gulliver's, but i am excited about the company at Gulliver's..... always great dives in guilliver's puddle.

Was there last night (May 15th). Water temp was 15C on the surface, visibility was quite good, and the water level this year is up quite a bit from last year. I wore my 5mm suite with hood, cold water gloves, bootties, etc., and felt okay after a few minutes. Little cold on the forehead and cheeks at first, but then... it's close by.

And remember that if you're there to go scuba diving on the weekend, you're only supposed to pay $6--not the $8 I've been paying on Sat/Sun these past few years! Just be sure to tell them you're diving (so says Brenda.)

And remember that if you're there to go scuba diving on the weekend, you're only supposed to pay $6--not the $8 I've been paying on Sat/Sun these past few years! Just be sure to tell them you're diving (so says Brenda.)

Good to know. Thanks

They still have requirements of not diving in odd numbers? Eg. One, three.

They still have requirements of not diving in odd numbers? Eg. One, three.

Most of the time I am meeting somebody there (not usually arriving in the same vehicle) so they always trusted me when I said I was diving with somebody that was already there. They stressed over the parking but that is where it always stopped. I could easily have gone in and done solo dives.....as long as I was there when several others were there (such as when Tri-City or Groundhogs) were there.

BUT, it sure would be nice if they got away from that rule so hopefully the answer back to you is they have abolished it.

Back
Top Bottom