H E L P P L E A S E

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bottom Feeder

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, broke my drysuit out of mothballs this morning, and thought to myself "AH, I knew wight loss would have some bad effects" My wrists flap about in the cuffs, I've lost weight alright but it appears most of it has come off my ankles and wrists, any suggestions for making the cuffs a better fit (Other than chacolate?)

:confused:

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
What kind of suit is it? What kind of seals are on it? Is the entire suit vastly over-sized now?

Mike

Its a getes pro cbx450 (sounds more like a motorcycle) the suits is custom made and fits like a glove everywhere'cept my skinny little wrists which appear to have shrunk over the last 4 months.
The cuffs themselves are latex. - anyway of shrinking them?

Many thanx, I know my LDS can put new ones on if I need them, it's just I'm off to Malta next week for a fortnights diving. Ah well seems I'll be taking the SemiDry after all.

It only takes someone an hour or two to put on new seals. You can get your suit fixed up and be ready to go by next week pretty easily. Might even get a test dive or two in too.

Have a nice trip.

Mike

Replacing latex seals after a period of storage is a good idea anyway.

Latex has a limited lifetime in the world and a busted seal at depth is not a lot of fun.

michael

Step 1) Shave your wrists.
Step 2) Don Drysuit and roll back cuffs.
Step 3) Apply generous amount of contact cement to wrist.
Step 4) Apply generous amount of contact cement to cuffs.
Step 5) Wait for contact cement to become tacky.
Step 6) Roll cuff down onto wrist and apply pressure.

This should solve the problem, but you will have to wear your drysuit from now on!

OR you could convert the suit to ring seals. They are easily replaced at home.

ID

Hmmmm, now if my suit was that rather funky blue and yellow number Gates have just released then the contact adhesive, may have been an option. Would'nt I have looked smart at some of the local Maltese nightclubs?!

:jester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom