H2O Below Newsletter – March 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the water temps on the O or in that area right now? Or better yet, toward the end of this month? :)

Also, what is the visibility looking like on the O? Would we be better off waiting until mid-April to dive it if we want better visibilitY?

Your fish summary? I thought Capt. Douglas was the one doing that report??

She through me for a loop on that one also:confused:. Hummm thinking to myself she may have a split personality :shakehead:

Also, what is the visibility looking like on the O? Would we be better off waiting until mid-April to dive it if we want better visibilitY?

Visibility in the Gulf varies... It seems to be more consistant in the summer, but its definately no sure thing. Mid-April and now are probably equally crap-shoots.

Actually the post refers to the tank lugging monkey trying to learn her fish.... I would be the tank lugging monkey. Ergo - that part of the newsletter is my research.

Your fish summary? I thought Capt. Douglas was the one doing that report??

"My deckhand – Donna (tank lugging monkey) is trying very hard to learn her fish. She has located a website for Saltwater fish and below is her fish lesson for the month" :blinking:

Scamp vs small gags/blacks, telling those fish apart will help you out a bit when you feel iffy on a smaller looking grouper that could potentially be legal catch :)

We definately have them here in the Northern Gulf :) Pretty common amongst the beach dives too!

Scamp vs small gags/blacks, telling those fish apart will help you out a bit when you feel iffy on a smaller looking grouper that could potentially be legal catch :)

And it is the tail difference that we are looking for? An inny ( vs. an outty )?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom