Halcyon Adventure BC versus XDEEP NX Ghost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ole Larson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a light weight travel backplate and wing system. I have narrowed my decision to the two listed in the thread title. It seems like the Halcyon Adventure BC is relative new but was wondering if anybody had any thoughts?

Thanks,
Pete

The Halcyon Adventure system appears to be an Eclipse wing packaged with the carbon fiber plate and standard accessories. I travel with the same system with a SS plate, but if I wanted to shed a couple of pounds I’d just go with an aluminum plate. I don’t see the point of CF in this application.

The Halcyon Adventure system appears to be an Eclipse wing packaged with the carbon fiber plate and standard accessories. I travel with the same system with a SS plate, but if I wanted to shed a couple of pounds I’d just go with an aluminum plate. I don’t see the point of CF in this application.

It looks pretty cool and the cinch system is built in.

Yes, the Cinch system is built in and the reason I opted for the carbon fiber plate. It seems that if you went with an aluminum plate, you would have to add the Cinch system. I was unable to find the weight of the add-on Cinch system.

It looks pretty cool and the cinch system is built in.
That would be the Adventure Pro. Why do you think you need the Cinch system, as opposed to the standard harness?

Yes, the Cinch system is built in and the reason I opted for the carbon fiber plate. It seems that if you went with an aluminum plate, you would have to add the Cinch system. I was unable to find the weight of the add-on Cinch system.
The cinch plate is weighs almost nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 39
That would be the Adventure Pro. Why do you think you need the Cinch system, as opposed to the standard harness?

I don’t think it needs it I just said it had it. I really like the cinch quick adjust crotch strap and I use it on everything.

The rest of the cinch system I’m sort of take it or leave it. If you’re traveling a lot and switching between think drysuit undergarments and thin wetsuits it’s a bit faster to get right.

That would be the Adventure Pro. Why do you think you need the Cinch system, as opposed to the standard harness?I
I don’t think it needs it I just said it had it. I really like the cinch quick adjust crotch strap and I use it on everything.

The rest of the cinch system I’m sort of take it or leave it. If you’re traveling a lot and switching between think drysuit undergarments and thin wetsuits it’s a bit faster to get right.
I am not very flexible and think it be much easier to don and doff. This will be my first B/W.

I am not very flexible and think it be much easier to don and doff. This will be my first B/W.

Little trick is put a triglide on the shoulder webbing like this
IMG_4476.jpeg

That way you can just pull the waist belt to cinch it back down to where it was.

It’s nice when getting in and out when you have dry glove and rings and everything even without less mobility.

Once again not required but I like it

I have an Adventurer Pro and love it. The “point” of the CF plate is that it’s much lighter than even the aluminum plate setup. It also has an integrated low profile STA that saves weight and puts the tank closer to your back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom