Halcyon Adventure BC versus XDEEP NX Ghost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As mentioned the Adventurer Pro is the one with the built in cinch system. Not mentioned is it also has a built in single tank adapter and uses a different wing. It is just the eclipse with slots to put the cam bands through the plate.

I took the cinch plate off of my system because I stopped using the ACB pockets and just preferred having the harness set the same every time. I do like the quick adjust crotch strap but that can be added very easily with this buckle. Halcyon Slide Buckle for Quick Adjust Crotch Strap

But it still adds some weight vs the integrated setup on the CF plate…
I just weighed the cinch plate and it weighs 6.2 ounces, 176 grams. At a minimum you will need the left D ring attachment, and that weighs 3.5 ounces, 99 grams. The plate also adds bulk when packing. The most annoying thing is packing the single tank adapter and that weighs a pound without the straps/buckles.

Just stopped by this thread to say that I recently got the Adventure Pro. I took it on my last trip to Belize, and after 15 dives with it, I'm loving it! It's easy to put on and adjust. If you decide to go with it, you will not regret it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom