Halcyon, Copycat or Royalty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sigh....I think the point he is trying to make is, that he made his holder out of a piece of Halcyon webbing some time ago. And now Halcyon is copying his idea. (or so it seems) I think he was kidding.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that style of knife scabbard has been around for a VERY long time. Just becuase YOU made one from H logoed webbing, doesn't mean Halcyon can't do the same.

FD

I think he was kidding, too. I have a H webbing sheath and Akona knife that I got from EE in 2001. No H on it and no bungie or velcro... but pretty much the same idea. Nowadays everyone has 'em... it's sorta the standard DIR sheath. DSS, Oxy, Salvo... you name it... they got one just like it. Man, the Hoosier should be rich by now! :D

I like his idea of going to the shoe shop, though. I've bought a lot of them over the years and I think I'll just start making my own. Besides, the few I've bought recently have been way too tight and stiff.

fire_diver:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that style of knife scabbard has been around for a VERY long time. Just becuase YOU made one from H logoed webbing, doesn't mean Halcyon can't do the same.

FD

Again,,im pretty sure ol Hoosier was kidding. I think He was using the H strap before H did. I think they were just using black before this "new" idea. Anyway, nice work Hoosier, and a good idea! Saves a bundle $.

dbg40:
Again,,im pretty sure ol Hoosier was kidding. I think He was using the H strap before H did. I think they were just using black before this "new" idea. Anyway, nice work Hoosier, and a good idea! Saves a bundle $.

Yeah... It was just fun post and kidding... As an ordinary diver who are enjoying H product, who cares. I just want to show their new knfie, in addition, if Halcyon really took my design or someone's one, isn't it great to know that Halcyon listens and read our board?

No offense and no fret brain. Just fun and Let's dive..... :D

I feel like that our borad is getting more seriuos on any subjects.....

Thanks Dave and Stephen Ash..... You read my mind....:wink:

You're all getting it wrong, the H means Hoosier, not Halcyon.:D

Nice knife too, does it comes in Ti?:14:

It got everything you need in avery small package.:14:

FWIW, I losted 3 akona coqui knives and desisted on buying them again, the snap retention system is crap.

hoosier:
Does it look very similar in design?

I designed this "Hoosier" knife holder last October (check out upload date on my Gallery).

DSCN1901.JPG

This is the new design "Halcyon" knife this spring?

l_knife05_001.jpg

Is there any royalty for this design?:wink:

The new design looks great.....

I'm confused, I just looked at the Halcyon site looking for the knife, and only found an Akona coqui knife clone.
Where can I find the knife you showed above?
Thanks
Mandy

Yes, I want the second knife too...has the line cutter. I will put it in my H holder.
any brand as long as it is the right size to catch my hose.

Cathy:
Is that an aircraft in your av?

Can you post the pic?

Sorry, not intended as a thread hijack...........

Back
Top Bottom