Halcyon HDV T-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r3schultz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased 2 Halcyon T 16s off Facebook Marketplace and am looking for any information regarding spare parts, service, and accessories. From the information I can find it looks like these were made by SUEX and rebranded Halcyon.
1. Is there a SUEX model that corresponds to the T 16, the SUEX XJOY 37 seems similiar?
2. What SUEX spare parts will be compatible, i.e. props, o-rings, seals?
3. Is there any gotchas or glitches I should be aware of before I try these out in the local training lake?
According to the seller they only have about 10 dives on them and they came with the upgraded SUEX Li ion batteries.

Thanks for any info.

The tube, nosecone and battery is different, else it is the same as the old Xjoy14 with the N-Handle option. Xjoy 14 has a plastic tube, and is depth-rated to 120m, T16 has a metal tube and is dept-rated to 180m.

if you don't mind me asking how much you paid for the 2.
2 T 16s with Li batteries and 2 Halcyon stainless backplates with eclipse 30 wings for $3000. Pretty killer deal.

I have a T-16 and has the Suex li ion battery. Just needed to add 3lbs to trim it out.
That's about what I added. Seems the Li batteries are a little lighter than the NiMH chemistry.

I used these on the central post:

Micro Gainz Standard 1-Inch Center Hole Fractional 8 Piece Weight Plates with Bag, Designed for Standard 1-Inch Dumbbell & Barbell for Strength Training and Weight Lifting, Made in USA​

Got them off Amazon. So, 2.5# plus the included 1# weight.

Did you get the Suex-battery for the XJ14, or the specific version for the T-16?
See picture the T-16 version.

Attachments

• T16 Lion.jpeg
    T16 Lion.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 30
I bought a aftermarket battery for the xj14/37, and I had to add approx 2kg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom