Closed Halcyon Setup (Alum backplate, eclipse wing, harness)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpaceCased

Registered
Reaction score
Selling my Halcyon Backplate setup.
Aluminum backplate (Normal Size) with Back Pad
OctoGrip Tank straps
Eclipse wing (40LB)
Lead STA (6lb)
Dive Knife (Unknown Generic one I had laying around)
Trim pockets
Harness with crotch strap

I currently wasn’t going to sell it with the atomic stainless inflator. So I would remove it before shipping.

$450

47E42984-0983-4FD1-835C-1D73AF799AEC.jpeg
75D57C74-489C-4F17-8D00-5C66D53DC74B.jpeg

D

Eclipse 30lb? 40lb?
How old/how many dives on it?

Does it include the cinch system?
Are the ACB pockets included (at least one appears to be missing in the photo)?
What length plate (standard or small)?
20, 30, or 40lb wing?

$500 may be a great price for someone, but they'll likely ask those questions.

Good luck with your sale.

I have generic pockets for them. I think i have the originals, but i need to track them down.

I will measure the plate. I am not sure what is small or large though.
I believe it is a 40lb wing. I couldnt tell you how many dives are on it. Ive had it for a few years and dive 10 times a year probably. Always stored hanging up in the house.

Are the ACB pockets included (at least one appears to be missing in the photo)?
It looks to me like they're both there although the label on the left one is obscured.

I have generic pockets for them. I think i have the originals, but i need to track them down.
It appears you are just missing the insert pouches to the ACB pockets.
I will measure the plate. I am not sure what is small or large though.
It appears to be a standard plate. You would probably know if you had purchased a short plate as you would have had to had gone out of your way to find one. Also, just look at the plate to see if there are 4 vertical slots for cam bands. The short plates do not have the slots.
I believe it is a 40lb wing.
Based on how tight the flat area is to the STA it indeed looks like a 40 pound wing. Halcyon redesigned the 30 pound wing in 2019 and made that area wider on the 30 pounder. Just check the top label under the handle. It will read Eclipse 40 or 30. I am 99.9% certain that is an Eclipse 40. Also, the label will have the serial number and you can tell the month and year of manufacturer. What are the first 3 digits? For example, mine says 821 for August of 2021.

I couldnt tell you how many dives are on it. Ive had it for a few years and dive 10 times a year probably. Always stored hanging up in the house.
The year of manufacturer should help give an idea of the usage.

A few other notes based on the photos. That rig appears to be an Infinity system based on the EVO padding and the cinch plate I think is attached. I see what appears to be a hole for the argon bungee on the delrin cinch plate. However, it appears the ACB pockets are attached to the harness directly rather than the cinch plate tabs so who knows. Just look at the back of the plate and see if there is a black delrin cinch plate at the bottom.

It appears to be a good deal and should make somebody happy to buy.

A few other notes based on the photos. That rig appears to be an Infinity system based on the EVO padding and the cinch plate I think is attached. I see what appears to be a hole for the argon bungee on the delrin cinch plate. However, it appears the ACB pockets are attached to the harness directly rather than the cinch plate tabs so who knows. Just look at the back of the plate and see if there is a black delrin cinch plate at the bottom.

It appears to be a good deal and should make somebody happy to buy.

It has the back pad but does not appear to have the harness padding. Could be infinity (and someone took off the harness padding) or Eclipse + deluxe pad. If it does have the cinch system, it was definitely assembled in an odd way and the owner should have a couple of short lengths of webbing with grommets in them and a cinch light segment sitting around in a bag somewhere.

Definitely a good deal, with or without cinch/shoulder padding.

Thanks everyone for the added details. I now know more about the BC than when I was diving with it. It has been a great BC i just moved to something that i could travel easier with.

Thanks Again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom