Halycon Backplate/harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess they've brought back that design approach with the Traveler.
Single bladder design, and no STA.

I just picked one up, seems like a cool design. I'll dive it tomorrow after work.

-Mitch

I'm pretty sure the wing and plate aren't designed to come apart on the Traveler.

That said, I WILL own black d-rings...

Current production Halcyon wings do not have camband slots, you'll need an STA (which is nice to have, anyways).

If you can score an older Pioneer wing, you can use that without a STA. They aren't as robust due to the single-bladder design, but they're very nice wings and dive well. I've had mine for about 7 years now, and its been great.

I have an older pioneer as well. Ten years and still looks brand new.

I'm pretty sure the wing and plate aren't designed to come apart on the Traveler.

Correct, Sir.
The plate and wing do not separate on the traveler.

-Mitch

Do they sell the black AL D-rings separately? If you want SS then you can buy from Vintage Double Hose.

Vintage double hose only has the black d-rings available in the flat style, no bent ones. :-(

I better stay away from that site.....some cool stuff there.

Vintage double hose only has the black d-rings available in the flat style, no bent ones. :-(

I better stay away from that site.....some cool stuff there.

you know how halcyon bends the d-rings right? they smack em with a hammer :wink:

Back
Top Bottom