Halycon Evolve vs Legend Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Any try the new Legend wing? Any better then the evolve? Pros and cons from the real world? I have the evolve and I'm trying to understand how the Legend might be better. Not looking to purchase more just discussion.

Yep, snagged both a 40lb and 60lb when they were running the promo. Wanted to get some fancy colors as opposed to black, and my 60lb was ripping.

While I only have one day of diving on each wing, for me there was a noticeable difference in where the buoyancy is in the wing, and they feel very stable to me - I described it to a dive buddy as feeling like I had a flying saucer on my back that was holding me up. Rolling side to side, it was almost like driving a car with lane keeping assistance. I felt like the wing wanted to keep me flat (in my lane) so I had to give it that little extra push to get over. This was more noticeable on LP104s to me.

I’m not a super sensitive diver when it comes to differences in tanks, undergarments, or changes to my rig. I was surprised how noticeable the difference was to me, though I was certainly looking for a difference - placebo? Maybe... however the shapes have some noticeable differences.

The in terms of overall dimensions, the legend is wider by ~4" at the widest part, and ~3" when measuring across the top grommet.

Here is a comparison of 40lb wings.
5A00E6F6-1AE3-4993-B3F4-D6195613ED91.jpeg
6125E11D-2481-461B-A90C-9C89C8B46203.jpeg

Awesome! Ty for the reply. Sure wish I could afford another wing at the moment. What size tanks do you run with 40lb?

Whoa! Who said anything about being able to afford it? :cool:

In general I use the 40 for LP85s & HP100s w/ the occasional set of HP120s in the mix. I like the 60 on the fatter tanks.

My 60 evolve works fine for my Lp95s but is a little to much for my 72s. As for my 100s we shall see. Just doubled them up and plan to take them for a spin this week.

That new Legend.. sure is tempting. :wink:

I replaced my Yellow Evolve 40 with a Tie Dye Legend 40. To be honest, I did not notice much of a difference between the two. I do like the cutaway for SPG and drysuit hose. I dive the Legend 40 with AL80s and HP100s.

Glad you asked since I've been looking at the Legend recently too. I've been diving with the 60# OMS Performance Wing and while it's been fine, I really don't have anything to compare it with.

The in terms of overall dimensions, the legend is wider by ~4" at the widest part, and ~3" when measuring across the top grommet.

Do you have the rough overall dimensions for the width and height on the Legend 60#? Curious how it compares to my OMS 60# wing.

Glad you asked since I've been looking at the Legend recently too. I've been diving with the 60# OMS Performance Wing and while it's been fine, I really don't have anything to compare it with.

Do you have the rough overall dimensions for the width and height on the Legend 60#? Curious how it compares to my OMS 60# wing.
A1316801-0C0A-4FC0-81AB-8F28BE4988C6.jpeg

Thank you @SpeedyJ

The OMS wing is roughly the same in length but the Legend is a good ~3in wider.

I replaced my Yellow Evolve 40 with a Tie Dye Legend 40. To be honest, I did not notice much of a difference between the two. I do like the cutaway for SPG and drysuit hose. I dive the Legend 40 with AL80s and HP100s.

The cutaway option to reroute hoses is pretty cool. No issues?

Back
Top Bottom