Hammerhead Evo 2 Handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tablets

Registered
Reaction score
I have the Hammerhead Evolution 2 speargun. How do you take the handle apart to clean it? I popped some of the pins out but nothing seems to want to move to take it apart.

The spear doesn't want to lock in even with the safety on, but the safety is working so I'm thinking something is sticking.

Thinking about hitting it with some wd40 if I can't get it apart, I don't want to force anything.

Generally you want to have the safety OFF when loading the shaft into a speargun. Once it clicks into (engages) in the mechanism ... then you should move the safety from the fire to the safe position... Not 100% positive for that gun, but I would hate to see you damaging the gun by slamming the shaft into the gun..

If I'm not using my gun often I'll hit it with trrigger mech with Silicone spray really well and store with no shaft in it.
If you properly rinse your gun in a tub of hot soapy water then properly lube you shouldn't need to take apart. Unless it's for major repairs ,which should be sent into an expert to fix anyways.

Thanks for replies. Yea I had a brain fart as some would call it. I was trying to load with safety on first. The gun is working good. I didn't fish with it for a couple months and I guess my brain was on safety first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom