Hammerhead plates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one with the heavy STA, and I like it. I don't have any experience with any other plate, so I don't know how it compares to any others.

I really like the "handle" cut-outs in my SS plate. I don't know if they still offer the cut-outs but they are great for moving and loading your rig.

Do either of you guys have pictures of your rigs?

Any complaints at all with them?

KD- I really like the idea of the cut outs as well.

Do they still weigh 5.5 lbs with the cut outs?

Danny

Looks like they might be out of business? Just called and said the number was disconnected?

Really? I hope not. I have been using the Hammerhead SS and AL plates for almost 2 years now, and they have been great - especially for the price.

Two changes I made:

1. While the BP's are deburred, I still filed a little more. Probably says something about me as opposed to the plate.

2. Drilled holes to fit 3/8 bolts for doubles.

The one interesting thing is that I have to cross shoulder straps to fit the plate.

I have been using a Hammerhead plate for several years now. Very good value and quality, mine is aluminum. I have no complains about it. A Hammerhead plate and a OxyCheck Mach V Signature from Scubatoys is an inexpensive and functional rig.

I understand the handl cutout is no longer available.

N

i'm with Don, I had to do the same.
I crossed the straps also cause it seemed better for the straps, but with the STA and crossed straps it pushed the tank a bit far back for me to reach my valve. I still have it for singles backup non crossed, but have moved on to a halcyon (cause i got a great deal) and like it better, but the hammerhead seems beefier.

I have been using a Hammerhead plate for several years now. Very good value and quality, mine is aluminum. I have no complains about it. A Hammerhead plate and a OxyCheck Mach V Signature from Scubatoys is an inexpensive and functional rig.

I understand the handl cutout is no longer available.

N

Yep, that my rig...
Nice rig for some $$
I did file more the SS backplate and heavy STA
And i changed the chest D-ring because they weren't bend and were quite large for my small snap on my primary.
Otherwise, nothing to say but I haven't used any other BP (Well, a SS BP looks like another SS BP; and by the way i eared that the HH BP was the same design as the fred's...)
And the one piece STA is nicely heavy but maybe a little bit too bulky for my taste compared to the H

Back
Top Bottom