Hammerheads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vespers_

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in Taiwan and thinking of going to Green Island in a few days to see the hammerheads.

All the info online seems to be pretty out of date. Are the sharks still around? If so, which outfit is best to go with?

Did you end up booking a hammerhead dive? I'm going in a few months and had the same question.

Did you end up booking a hammerhead dive? I'm going in a few months and had the same question.
I asked around. They don't show up until February and there's apparently only 1 shop that even takes people due to the danger.

Not sure how accurate that is, but that's what the shops told me.

The hammerhead point is quite dangerous so basically they only let instructors go. I was going to visit last year but it was canceled due to bad weather.

If you want to see hammerheads, Japan might be the best option. I host a dive trip to Mikomoto island for hammerheads, it's much more manageable and has greater chance of seeing hammerheads!

pic from their website and when I was there the vis wasn't so great but we did see huge school of hammerheads!

Attachments

• 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 17
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom