Hand signals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Google "scuba diving communications".

Never would have thought of that. Is that on the internetty thing that all the kids are using.

I read the thread you referenced, I enjoyed reading it as well it hit on what my wife and I have been discussing when we talk about how to improve our communication while diving....now if we could just improve it topside too...:DThanks
Scuba Signs, despite their claims is hardly a diving standard, in fact it has a major problem in that many, many of the signs are two handed, something that, while not unknown, is considered by most authorities to be undesirable.

Here's a story based around understanding and misunderstanding underwater hand signals: Missing Diver Hand Signal Thread

My wife and I use a combination of standard scuba hand signals, as found in padi books and on-line, and sign language.
We have found that International Sign Language is highly useful for naming fish underwater. Someof the two handed signs can be modified for one hand easily enough to be understood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom