Happy Holiday Homes - Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jabc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have never stayed there but I have not heard of one person that did not rave about how good it is. The owner are suppose to be the most gracious and accomodating. Book it, I doubt you will regret it.

I see it says "Special diving, snorkeling and windsurfing packages on request!" So, the nightly rates you're seeing don't include unlimited tanks for shore diving. I'm guessing they don't include a rental truck for the week, either.

If you want to compare, for inexpensive, check out Dive Hut (which used WannaDive). For oceanfront resort where they take you to & from the airport in a shuttle & have a nice house reef, check out Buddy Dive. That should give you 2 reputable comparators for what you're considering.

I know practically nothing about Holiday Homes and am not being pessimistic towards them. I'm just saying, make sure you're looking at a package price with diving & truck rental, not just an apartment stay.

Richard.

Happy Holiday Homes are just what they claim to be... affordable clean apartments. We stayed there for 3 weeks during the Christmas holidays in 2010 and would recommend them to anyone interested in staying there. We've been travelling to Bonaire for 15 years (9 trips) and love discovering new places to stay. Last year we decided to stay at an oceanfront property instead. Otherwise we would have booked with HHH again.

Bonaire is diver-friendly, so it's easy to book rental truck and diving options. Louise at HHH doesn't offer these directly, but she can book them for you if you choose. Several dive operations offer tank refills and boat dives nearby, including Buddy Dive's Belmar location, Wanna Dive's Windsock location, and Dive Friends Bonaire's Port Bonaire location. HHH usually books rental trucks through Budget. Of course you can always book your own with whomever you choose.

We stayed there, and will again. As stated above "just what they claim to be".

They don't have a pool, but we were diving three to four times per day, so it didn't bother us at all.

Their package with unlimited diving (Dive Friends multiple locations) and truck was perfect for us.

Back
Top Bottom